There is very little difference between someone who cannot read and someone who will not read. The result of either is ignorance. Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary. We must not permit anything to stand between us and the book that could change our lives.
What kind of person i am ? Do i like to read, and if so, what ?
Search within you, to find out what do you want out of yourself and out of your life. Desire for reading books does not necessarily mean it will develop by itself, or by someone telling you that you have to read, you can read the back side of the news paper and or news on your mobile ( which is very popular these days ) or the posts on the Instagram, that also count as reading 🙂
But , reading books have profound way for your personal growth and education. You don’t have to have any school degree at all but if you have habit for reading quality books, then you are in the quantum jump ahead of the person who thinks he is educated with his paper called diploma. If you have any desire to achieve anything what ever the goal is, to know something that you always wanted as a kid, or some dream that you had but always something is holding you back,pulling you back and you read one page and you flip the book and take your phone instead. That is called temptation, week character that surrender to the first signed of ” panic ” during the reading, like, ” i am missing my Instagram posts, or those 1000 messages and notifications , better to look at it , i could miss something “. Hmm the moment you surrender to that taught and you actually do that, then you already lost game. And the temptation just won the battle.
For Reading books, you must have approach with kind and understanding attitude, that the book that you chose will help you to develop your character , your personality, your knowledge, your attitude toward the wold and everything in it. If you develop Habit to read books you will experience, calmness in your life, much more understanding to the people around you, view to life that no stress and other peoples opinion, will bother you no more.
If you want to know a person better, follow him/her home, and check his/hers library. See what he/she reads and look into person “soul” . You can find out much more about a person if you only see what they read. AND you have to be careful what goes into that mental factory of yours, will that be junk, ( like morning newspapers ) … or that would be some profound book that will open your eyes and expand your knowledge your views, your values. Be hungry for knowledge all the time, and always develop in to a better person then before, set a goals, that in the next 3 months i will read 2-3 books, with understanding and studying and implementing in my life. Without those steps any books will not have impact that you looking for, you have to study it. And ultimate goal is to implement it in your life, if you want to change something , start with a habit of reading books.
Let me give you some of the books that will change your life :
- The Bible – Author GOD The best-selling book of all time tells the story of sin and redemption, the story of mankind, of despair and hope. It is quite literally the story of our lives. ( of all the books i have ever read, This book change my life for good )
- Think and Grow Rich– Author “Napoleon Hill” This is arguably the best personal development and wealth building book of all time. It belongs on everyone’s bookshelf.
- How to Read a Book -Author “Mortimer Adler” This book will teach you to do just what the title promises: how to read a book for all it is worth so that you come out the best you can be at the end.
- As a Man Thinketh by James Allen This book will ground you in the belief that whatever you believe you will become . It’s based on the idea that we are what we think.
- The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason Written in parables, this is a classic on thrift, financial planning and personal wealth. Everyone needs to read this book.
- The Lessons of History by William James Durant This book gives insight as good as any book on the changes that have taken place over time in economics, politics, military customs and more—very insightful.
- The Story of Philosophy by William James Durant In this book, Durant summarizes the lives and influence of philosophy’s greatest thinkers. This is very important for us, as we know that our philosophy determines how we live and what we achieve.
Now let me summarize all the books, I can tell you for a fact that the most books if not all of them have 1 book that is the foundation of life and all of them write according to that one book , and all the books known to man today that are life changing , and that book is THE BIBLE. So do yourself a favor if you want to change your life start today start now and READ.
Milos Crnogorcevic @milosonlinept